Extending life cycles and reducing waste
Cytiva takes a sustainable approach to extend the life cycle of pre-owned instruments, keeping them in use and out of landfills. In addition to sustainability, giving emerging laboratories cost-effective ways to acquire high-quality life sciences equipment will always be a focus for Cytiva.
The infographic to the right shows the kilograms of waste a single instrument diverts from landfill. Collectively, our programs diverted around 9564kg (21,000lbs) from landfills in 2020. That is roughly the equivalent to the weight of 100 cars.
We restore instruments to our quality standards and make them available to you at a lower cost.
Selection and availability
Only systems with an acceptable service history qualify for our programs. Through our programs, you can acquire a reliable Cytiva system backed by the support that only an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) can provide. A wide instrument selection is available.
Our remanufactured program fully restores instruments to original product specifications.
We remanufacture systems at our dedicated facility in Umeå, Sweden. Once delivered, trained engineers inspect each system to confirm that it meets the quality standards of the program.
To ensure OEM specifications are met, each instrument is handled by a single engineer. All instruments receive the latest hardware and firmware using only OEM parts.
Our repurposed program restores former demonstration and evaluation units.
What you get with our repurposed program:
- Comprehensive part inspection, cleaning, and testing
- OEM replacement parts
- Service history details
- Applicable software licenses (sold separately)
- Installation by a trained Cytiva engineer
- Same-as-new warranty
- Application support and training
How our remanufacturing and repurposing programs work
Instrument life cycle coverage
Our restored systems are backed by the same warranty as new models, and come with the same documentation and accessories. You can choose to extend this coverage through extended warranties, service contracts, and qualification services.
- Installation is done by a trained Cytiva field engineer.
- Training is available on-site or at one of our facilities.
- Leasing options are available.
- Further support is available throughout the instrument life cycle from our field engineers, applications team, and customer support.
For more information, fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
The buy-back program
We would like to buy back your Cytiva equipment.
The instrument buy-back program for your equipment enables you to:
- Upgrade your Cytiva brand instrumentation.
- Use your surplus equipment to generate cash.
- Receive fair market value for your equipment.
- Get professional de-installation free of charge.
- Have Cytiva pack, pick up, and transport your instrument at no cost to you.
If you are interested in having your Cytiva brand instrument evaluated for the buy-back program, fill out the contact form below.