Reliable results, consistent performance and peace of mind at a competitive price.
Reliable, accurate DNA size selection is a critical element in library preparation for next generation sequencing (NGS). With the cost to sequence a single human genome estimated to be in the region of $100 in 2017 (BCC Research) and the significant time investment needed to sequence, it is paramount that accurate nucleic acid size selection be achieved to maximize the amount of useable data generated per run and optimize the upstream processes.
Sera-Mag Select is a ready-to-use reagent based on GE Healthcare’s industry standard Sera-Mag Carboxyl Speedbead and the well-known solid phase reversible immobilization technology. It provides a single solution with optimal binding characteristics, for both polymerase chain reaction (PCR) clean-up and DNA fragment size selection for NGS library preparation.
By adjusting the amount of Sera-Mag Select reagent that is mixed with a fixed volume of sample, the DNA size range isolated from the process can be tailored to suit the user’s end requirements. As a general rule, the smaller the DNA fragment to be bound, the larger the volume of the reagent that should be added (relative to the initial sample volume). DNA of 100 bp size or greater can be reliably recovered using Sera-Mag Select.
The formulation of Sera-Mag Select can also be customized at GE Healthcare’s manufacturing site of excellence in Cardiff by our dedicated team of research and development specialists, helping to solve customer workflow issues.
Sera-Mag Select offers:
- Reliability: High yield in the recovery of specific fragment sizes for optimal sequencing efficiency
- Simplicity: One product for size selection & PCR clean-up instead of two separate products
- Accuracy: delivers highly accurate results, time after time
- Minimal disruption: Follows standard protocols for size selection and PCR clean-up, allowing for direct integration into existing workflows
- Excellent value: Designed with GE Healthcare’s own proven Sera-Mag magnetic particles for a truly cost-effective solution.
For further information and to request a free sample, please click here.
|Sera-Mag Select 5ml||29343045|
|Sera-Mag Select 60ml||29343052|
|Sera-Mag Select 450ml||29343057|