Automatable, magnetic bead-based nucleic acid isolation kits for cell-free DNA and genomic DNA extraction
GE Healthcare introduces the NEW range of Sera-Xtracta high performance, automatable nucleic acid isolation kits that support sensitive downstream processes such as next generation sequencing (NGS).
In high throughput nucleic acid extraction applications, magnetic particles have become the method of choice, replacing the more complex processing associated with column-based approaches. In sensitive applications such as cancer diagnosis and monitoring, where sample is precious, maximum levels of DNA capture and the lowest non-specific binding levels are required.
Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit is designed for the rapid extraction and purification of cell-free DNA (cfDNA) from blood plasma. The magnetic bead-based kit selects for cfDNA while minimizing any co-purification of higher molecular weight genomic DNA that may be present. This kit provides:
- Efficient recovery of small-fragment cfDNA in the size range 50 to 300 bp.
- Minimal genomic DNA contamination due to active selection of smaller fragments.
- Rapid extraction procedure can be completed in less than 2 hours.
- Ease of use: compatible with molecular biology techniques, including NGS, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), quantitative PCR (qPCR), droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) and other amplification and genotyping applications.
Sera-Xtracta Genomic DNA Kit for whole blood delivers high levels of both yield and purity. It uses a simplified protocol minimizing co-purification of RNA and removes the need for RNAse treatment for most applications:
- High recovery rates: 4 – 8 μg from 200 μL of whole blood.
- High purity genomic DNA with a purity ratio (A260/A280) greater than 1.7.
- Extraction procedure can be completed in less than 90 minutes.
- Ease of use: compatible with molecular biology techniques, including NGS, cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR amplification and genotyping applications.
With the increasing use of nucleic acid extraction for clinical applications, lab managers are looking to increase nucleic acid purification throughput with faster, easy to handle, automated procedures that deliver reliable results. Sera-Xtracta Isolation Kits facilitate the transition from column-based purification to bead-based purification, providing high-purity extraction with low limits of detection.
- Unraveling the challenges of nucleic acid isolation
- Next-generation sequencing: 3 main challenges (& solutions!) in NGS sample preparation
- Fundamentals of NGS sample preparation
- Size selection brings better data to NGS workflows