Self-contained, disposable microfiltration cartridge for small-scale process design work, with 40 cmÂ² membrane area.
- Rapid concentration and/or diafiltration of biological solutions and suspensions using an open flow path design.
- Integrated UNF fittings for feed, retentate, and permeate connections allows direct connection to ÄKTAcrossflow system.
- Membrane area of 40 cm² for AXH model allows direct performance comparison when evaluating multiple membrane pore sizes.
- Standard path length of 60 cm enables accurate scale-up and scale-down studies.
Designed for process development
Start AXM (50 cm² version) and Start AXH are designed for small-scale processing, rapid laboratory concentration, and/or diafiltration of biological solutions at research-scale volumes with convenience and speed. The cartridges are easy to use and minimize membrane polarization due to the "sweeping action" generated by a recirculation pump. Typical application areas for Start hollow fiber cartridges include :Read more
- Cell harvesting and washing
- Clarification of lysates and cell cultures
- Concentration, diafiltration, and purification of monoclonal antibodies, plasmids, proteins, viruses, vaccines, colloids, and plasma
Consistent and precise
Start hollow fiber cartridges are composed of polysulfone (PS)-based membranes of seven UF molecular weight ratings and four MF micrometer ratings for processing a wide range of cells, viruses, and biomolecules.
These membranes exhibit sharp rejection curves, leading to reproducible, precise separations and maximized protein yield. Each of these membranes is identical to membranes in Cytiva's pilot- and process-scale hollow fiber cartridges to ensure relevance of performance data generated by using hollow fiber Start AXM and Start AXH tangential flow cartridges.Read less
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us