PD-10 Desalting Columns contain Sephadex G-25 resin for rapid buffer exchange, desalting, and removal of small contaminants (salts, dyes, radioactive labels) from samples using gravity flow or centrifugation.
- Flexible run protocols – perform desalting and buffer exchange using gravity flow (1.0 to 2.5 mL samples) or centrifugation (1.75 to 2.5 mL samples)
- Flexible throughput – desalt one sample or multiple samples in parallel
- Good recovery – in the range of 70% to > 95%
- High desalting capacity – remove > 98% salt with gravity; > 90% with centrifugation
- Minimal dilution – typically none when used as spin columns; 1.4× when used with gravity flow
- Time savings compared to dialysis – inexpensive and convenient alternative to lengthy and troublesome dialysis procedures
What comes in the PD-10 column package?
Each product pack includes 30 columns, a buffer tray, a column stand, and 4 adapters for centrifugation.Read more
Versatile for use with centrifugation or gravity flow
The product instructions include two protocols. The gravity protocol allows simple processing of samples using one or several columns in parallel, without the need for a purification system. The spin protocol enables runs in parallel in a standard centrifuge with minimal dilution of the eluted sample.
Successful use of these prepacked desalting columns
The following publications demonstrate the utility of PD-10 columns:
- desalting of membrane proteins after anion exchange chromatography
- desalting of variants of an essential reductase involved in fatty acid biosynthesis
- buffer exchange of an affinity-tagged acyl carrier protein
Accessories for PD-10 Desalting Columns
A LabMate buffer reservoir can be used for one-step application of the column wash and equilibration buffer using the gravity flow protocol. It is not included with this product but can be purchased separately.
Other Sephadex G-25 columns from Cytiva
Cytiva's solutions for desalting include a wide range of columns containing Sephadex G-25 resin. Options are available to accommodate sample volumes from 100 µL to 15 mL and use with manual methods or a chromatography system. Let Cytiva help you find the right desalting product.Read less
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us