Sera-Xtracta™ HMW DNA Kit offers magnetic bead-based extraction and purification of genomic DNA from whole blood (treated with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), citrate or heparin), buffy coat, saliva, cultured mammalian cells and solid tissue samples. The extraction protocols are designed to efficiently remove contaminants and PCR inhibitors while minimizing shearing, resulting in high quality high-molecular-weight genomic DNA with minimal RNA carryover.
The Sera-Xtracta™ High-Molecular-Weight (HMW) DNA Kit has been optimized for expanded applications and is a direct replacement for the Sera-Xtracta™ Genomic DNA Kit. The components of the kit and the product code remain the same. Please contact Scientific Support for IFU, protocol and datafile of the Sera-Xtracta™ Genomic DNA Kit.
- Suitable for long-read sequencing: Isolates high-molecular-weight DNA > 200 kb.
- Efficient scale-up and flexibility: Provides robust chemistry for sample input volumes from 200 μL – 2 mL.
- Efficient removal of inhibitors to give high purity genomic DNA: Typical purity ratio (A260/A280 and A260/A230) of > 1.7.
- Automation friendly reagents and easy to use protocols
- Simplified protocol minimizes the co-purification of RNA.
- Compatible with molecular biology techniques, including next-generation sequencing (NGS), cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR amplification and genotyping applications.
The kit uses chaotropic agents to extract DNA from samples, denature protein components and promote the selective binding of DNA to the silica-coated magnetic beads. Proteinase K is the protease of choice to digest protein from samples, because it is active even when enzyme inhibitors such as EDTA and detergents are present in samples. Denatured contaminants are easily removed by subsequent washing of the silica beads with an ethanolic buffer set. The purified genomic DNA is eluted in a low ionic strength buffer at a concentration suitable for most downstream molecular biology applications.Read more
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us