Designed to select for small-fragment cfDNA while minimizing genomic DNA contamination, Sera-Xtracta™ Cell-Free DNA Kit* offers reliable extraction and purification of cfDNA for liquid biopsy from samples including plasma, serum and urine. High yield and sensitivity make the kit well-suited for applications such as cancer diagnosis and monitoring, even when sample is limited.
- Efficient recovery of small-fragment cfDNA in the size range 50-300 bp: capture more cfDNA to increase sensitivity levels.
- Minimal co-purification of higher molecular weight genomic DNA due to active selection of smaller fragments which improves sensitivity in downstream applications.
- Scalability: one kit to cover up to 4 mL input of sample.
- Efficient extraction: procedure can be completed in 120 minutes.
- Ease of use: compatible with molecular biology techniques, including next-generation sequencing (NGS), qPCR, ddPCR, BEAMing and other amplification and genotyping applications.
The method uses chaotropic agents and detergents to disrupt protein components to which the cfDNA may initilally bind and to promote the selective binding of this cfDNA to the silica magnetic beads.Read more
Proteinase K is used to digest protein from samples; denatured contaminants are easily removed by subsequent washing of the silica beads with specially formulated wash buffers. Proteinase K treatment is also required to release the cfDNA from plasma derived from blood collected in tubes with cfDNA stabilization, such as Cell Free DNA BCT™ (Streck™) for reversal of the stabilization/release of cfDNA.
The purified cfDNA is eluted in a low ionic strength buffer, at a concentration suitable for most downstream molecular biology applications, such as next-generation sequencing (NGS). Automation scripts available, please contact Scientific Support.
*Sera-Xtracta™ Cell-Free DNA Kit is supported by Cytiva's expertise in Sera-Mag bead technology and is for research use only (RUO).Read less
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us