Typhoon™ is the platform recognized by the scientific community as the gold standard for reliable data quality.
- The combination of the Fujifilm lenses, high sensitivity, and high image resolution enables you to see more with strong confidence
- Flexible: Find different models and tools designed to meet your changing needs
- Easier to use across different models for 30 years
Typhoon™ supports multiple imaging modes including phosphor imaging, fluorescence red, green, blue, and NIR, OD) and samples types (imaging plates, gels, plates, tissue slides, membranes) — from narrow to very large samples.
The latest Typhoon™ generation has the fewest calls for service received by our team since 2016. We recommend scheduling preventive maintenance and cleaning your instrument regularly to help ensure day-one performance each time.
Services contract are available on request.Request a demo
Gold standard for submitting data on HCP and other impurity testing
Typhoon™ is the platform of choice to support efficiency by reducing the risk of unexpected HCP. Typhoon™ mitigates HCP risk through 2D DIBE coverage analysis and approach bridging studies that provide more confidence in late clinical trial phases.
The right filter and laser configuration minimize cross talk between wavelength channels. Combined with a Fujifilm optical design, they generate high image quality with a dynamic range of up to five orders of magnitude. The large scan area of 40 x 46 cm allows coverage on a large gel format, increasing spot discrimination to help avoid missed HCP.
IQ/OQ validation available on request.Learn more
Typhoon™ enhances applications with high image resolution and sensitivity
- EMSA, Northern blots, Southern blots, 2D DIBE, 2D DIGE, PET tracer, sequencing gel analysis
- Reporter gene assays, glycoprotein assays, microarrays, protein arrays, In-Cell Western cell-based assay
- DNA and RNA studies
- Fine-structures studies including studies on tissue sections, autoradiography, and stem cells
- Immuno-histochemistry, epigenetic, colorimetric densitometry and nonbiological studies (crystallography, X-rays diffraction), TLC plates
Typhoon™ is fully flexible
Base models are available with different standard configurations including IP, RGB, NIR, NIR Plus, and 5.
To offer more flexibility, Typhoon™ has a wide range of upgrade kits and a custom filter box – meaning you won’t be limited by fluorescence dyes in visible fluorescence.
Whether you want just the basics or all the latest features, you can always configure your system to support the experiment at-hand or work on the cutting edge.Learn more
Generate robust data in three clicks
Typhoon™ is designed to produce data with three clicks to help you save time.
Just activate the Auto PMT and Pre Scan features and select your area of interest to get the best signal-to-noise ratio with the highest dynamic range.
Storage Phosphor Screen BAS-IP is a film-like radiation image sensor designed to trap and store radiation energy in a stable state.
- Rapid: Up to one-tenth the exposure time required with traditional autoradiography film.
- High Sensitivity: Up to 100 times more sensitive than film, depending on isotope and sample type.
- Wide dynamic range: A linear dynamic range over five orders of magnitude enables quantitation and visualization of both weak and strong signals in a single exposure.
- Quantitative: Results are digitized and quantitated using a storage phosphor imaging system.
- Safe and economical: Reusable screens do not require chemicals, a darkroom, or other special treatment for use.
- Convenient: You can perform each step at the lab bench in normal lighting conditions and at room temperature.
Storage Phosphor Screen BAS-IP retains energy produced by ionizing radiation from isotopes including 14C, 3H, 125I, 131I, 32P, 33P, 35S, and 99mTC.Learn more
|29187193||Amersham™ Typhoon™ RGB||On Request||
|29187191||Amersham™ Typhoon™ 5||On Request||
|29187194||Amersham™ Typhoon™ IP||On Request||
|29238583||Amersham™ Typhoon™ NIR||On Request||
|29264463||Amersham™ Typhoon™ NIR Plus||On Request||