Whatman Polydisc SPF disc filters from Cytiva contain a glass microfiber (GMF) and polyethersulfone (PES) stack designed to purify serum and other hard-to-filter solutions.
- High-throughput, in-line prefilters for use upstream of serum filters
- GMF prefilter captures large particles and cell debris while PES stack removes remaining particles and bacteria larger than 1 µm
- Designed to extend the life of downstream serum filters
- Effective for microbiology and tissue culture, immunoassays, virology, and diagnostic controls
- 6 to 10 mm i.d. hose connection
Whatman membranes from Cytiva's business offer a wide range of high-throughput, in-line options. Explore the Polydisc line to find the right disc filters for your needs.Read more
Disc filters for serum prefiltration
Filtering serum requires removing proteins, lipids, salts, and other cell debris. This range of particulate matter is effectively handled with multi-layer prefilters to facilitate downstream work and to avoid clogging later serum filters.
Polydisc SPF stacks a high-flow, hydrophilic PES membrane with a high particle-loading GMF filter to clean out particulates from serum and reduce stress on the final-stage serum filters.
Looking for a filter paper, membrane filter, or syringe filter? Let Cytiva help you find the optimal filter for your needs to ensure reliable analysis.Read less
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us