Structured illumination microscopy (SIM)
The patented Blaze SIM light path efficiently delivers ultrafast and flexible structured illumination imaging modes, enabling you to reveal more of your biological features invisible with the resolution limits of classic microscopy approaches. Structured illumination microscopy (SIM) diffracts the illumination laser beam into two or three parallel beams that are combined by the objective to produce 3D-, 2D-, or TIRF-SIM interference fringe patterns on the sample. Multiple images of the sample are collected while shifting and rotating the fringe pattern and stepping through the sample in the vertical direction (Z). The mathematical SIM algorithm reconstructs a super-resolution image by solving large systems of linear equations with data from all captured images.
You can use the same preparation methods and apply the same fluorescent labeling reagents (antibodies and protein tags) already used in the lab using DeltaVision OMX Flex.
- 3D-SIM yields a two-fold resolution improvement in all three dimensions (X,Y, and Z), which translates into an eight-fold volumetric resolution increase. (3D-SIM imaging at 110 nm lateral and 300 nm axial resolution in 488, 60× 1.42NA objective).
- TIRF-SIM allows you to capture super-resolution images of the most dynamic live cell processes occurring right on the coverslip surface. Use TIRF-SIM to validate correlative light-electron microscopy (CLEM )data. (TIRF-SIM resolution 110 ± 5 nm lateral resolution in 488, 60× 1.42NA objective, 25 reconstructed frames per second.
- Blaze SIM pattern generation paired with a single mode fiber optic cable ensures excitation light polarization is preserved through the excitation light path delivering the sharpest SIM interference pattern resulting in maximal resolution gains.
- Automatic SIM pattern optimization provides the best resolution for each wavelength in every experiment without a user having to compromise between imaging speed or resolution in other wavelengths.
- Switch between TIRF-SIM, 2D-SIM, and 3D-SIM modes instantaneously with a mouse click only; no hardware alignment needed.
- Easily add a photokinetic event within any SIM experiments (requires TIRF or confocal module in configuration).
DeltaVision OMX Flex
A multi-imaging mode super-resolution microscope optimized for structured illumination microscopy (SIM) with confocal imaging technology