Optimize your productivity
In today’s fast-paced business environment, managing maintenance decisions for bioprocessing systems can be challenging. When do you take proactive steps to renew your system and maintain reliable operation and acceptable risk? Is the system worth an investment? Is it time for maintenance? Is it time to replace your system?
You made a wise investment by choosing reliable bioprocessing hardware that will outlast the industry average. However, as with all mechanical systems, deterioration occurs with time and usage. Process changes may uncover additional needs and call for increased optimization.
Air Trap Level sensor
Air trap level sensor’s robust technology has improved performance and reduced risk in more than 600 systems industry-wide.
Ultrasonic technology, suitable for many liquid applications, ‘listens’ for reflected signals (echoes) and measures the time delay between transmitting and receiving. The distance to the liquid surface is automatically calculated using the computed time delay.
Factors to consider:
• Precision timing – mitigate delay even with high salinity buffers
• Range of viscosities – receive consistent, reliable results regardless of which liquid is utilized
• Proximity to limits of standard operating range – take your process to the limit with confidence
• Risk prevention – the air trap level sensor will alleviate risk of air in the system by improving response time
Pressure Control Valves (PCV)
A PCV upgrade improves flow accuracy gradient performance with less pulsation while reducing risk.
Fully automated, UNICORN actuated PCVs can handle up to two bars of inlet pressure through full range of flow rates. Fully verified, cleanable valves can be retrofitted to your ÄKTAprocess system.
Factors to consider:
• Inlet pressure – if your system is running close to the limit, or you are experiencing inlet pressure issues, PCVs can decrease pulsations, resulting in better performance
• Change in setup – when moving towards a centralized buffering system, PCVs can help maintain peak performance with more flow accuracy
• Elevated or tall buffer tanks – remedy siphoning effects in tall or elevated tanks
• Local tanks or totes – PCVs eliminate the need for local tanks along with labor, tote costs, and contamination risk
Steps to upgrade your system
You will have the opportunity to work with your local OptiRun service team to develop a plan based on your individual setup and needs. For some units, operating costs or a change in process will dictate that your system be replaced with a more efficient system. In other cases, the best choice is to keep and upgrade the system you have. Our service team can provide evaluations to help you decide.
If upgrading is the right choice for you, the OptiRun service team will upgrade the appropriate components. Our service team can also provide support for database management, equipment requalification, process revalidation, and end-user training to ensure smooth and efficient upgrades.