Circularity extends product life
It’s time for businesses to move away from linear ‘take-make-waste’ models to circular models. Cytiva is doing just that. How? We design and circulate products to extend their life. And we reuse or recycle materials to keep them out of landfills and incinerators.
- Offer remote Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) from our Uppsala, Umeå, and Shrewsbury facilities (REDUCE)
- Maintain an active service/repair program on all equipment (REUSE)
- Provide like-new, remanufactured equipment at cost-effective prices (REUSE)
- Donate equipment to Seeding Labs for under-financed labs (REUSE)
- Offer recycling pilot programs for syringe filters in US (RECYCLE)
- Sustain a plastic recycling program at our own facility (RECYCLE)
New energy efficient facilities
We are expanding to meet demand and that means building new facilities. These new facilities reflect our goal to design in energy and water efficiencies, use smart materials and innovative design. Signy Park, which will open in 2021, meets the criteria of the Swiss global platinum standard for energy efficiency, Minergie 2020.
- 100% renewable energy with majority from solar power
Sustainable product innovation requires a strong framework built on a holistic view of the product’s life cycle — from raw materials and sourcing, through manufacturing and distribution, to use and end of life. We are transitioning from a linear model — take-make-waste — to a circular model in our way of thinking. We are supporting initiatives presented in our Cytiva Innovation Accelerator, and we will partner with global customers and suppliers to turn these ideas and others into reality.
- 3.8 million USD invested in six employee-led sustainable innovation initiatives
We aim to be transparent in our impacts, even those beyond our direct control. All our suppliers must verify that their standards for environmental protection, labor, human rights and anti-corruption reflect our expectations as specified in the Danaher Supplier Code of Conduct.
- 48% of our suppliers are EcoVadis Silver status or higher (see image at right)
- In less than 6 months, 20% of our strategic suppliers have already submitted sustainability assessments through EcoVadis