Guidelines for using Cytiva trademarks
The CYTIVA word marks, sub-brands and logos, including without limitation the Cytiva Drop Logo, logotypes, icons, trade dress or other elements of Cytiva product packaging, websites or materials (hereinafter referred to as the “Cytiva Trademarks”) are the sole and exclusive property of Life Sciences IP Holdings Corporation or an affiliate (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Cytiva”) (as further detailed at: https://www.cytiva.com/trademarks). Cytiva’s Trademarks and other intellectual property are valuable assets. By complying with these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities.
These guidelines are for Cytiva licensees, suppliers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Cytiva’s Trademarks in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Cytiva Trademarks for commercial purposes without the prior express written consent of Cytiva may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
You may not use the word mark CYTIVA, the Cytiva Drop Logo or any other Cytiva-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Cytiva, such as a reseller agreement.
If you are a licensee of a Cytiva Trademark and have been provided with specific trademark usage guidelines in connection with your license agreement, the specific guidelines govern and you must follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide specialized usage guidelines, then you should adhere to the guidelines set forth here.
By using a Cytiva Trademark you are acknowledging that Cytiva, via Life Sciences IP Holdings Corporation or an affiliate, is the sole valid, legal owner of the trademark, and also are promising that you will not interfere with Cytiva’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Cytiva’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, disparage, or bring into disrepute any Cytiva Trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Cytiva Trademark inures exclusively to the benefit of and is owned by Cytiva. Except for the limited right to use any Cytiva Trademark as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Cytiva representative or reach out to [email protected].
Your use of any of the Cytiva Trademarks implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy. If you do not accept and agree to follow the guidelines set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the Cytiva Trademarks and are prohibited from using them. Any use of a Cytiva Trademarks not in compliance with these guidelines is expressly unauthorized. If you violate the provisions in this policy, you must immediately cease and desist from all use of any Cytiva Trademarks, regardless whether the use is otherwise allowed in these guidelines. In addition, Cytiva reserves the right to revoke its approval of your use of the Cytiva Trademarks at any time.
YOU MAY use the Cytiva Trademarks in text solely to refer to and/or link to Cytiva’s products and services and in accordance with the terms of these guidelines.
YOU MUST utilize the ™ Symbol in combination with the Cytiva Trademarks in all instances where they appear in your materials.
If you include a trademark footnote in your materials to give notice of ownership of your trademarks or third party trademarks, YOU MUST add the following wording to your trademark footnote: “All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.” Acceptable notice concerning the ownership of the Cytiva Trademarks in particular is as follows: “CYTIVA and the CYTIVA Drop Logo are the sole and exclusive property of Life Sciences IP Holdings Corporation or an affiliate thereof.”
YOU MAY NOT:
- use the Cytiva Trademarks unless specifically permitted under these guidelines or other applicable guidelines or agreements;
- use the Cytiva Trademarks in the name of your business, product, service, app, domain name, social media account, or in your social media profile or header image, or in any other offering;
- use the Cytiva Trademarks more prominently than your trademark, brand name, product or service name;
- use the Cytiva Trademarks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t- shirts, travel mugs, face masks, pens, etc.);
- imitate Cytiva’s Trademarks, including without limitationits trade dress, packaging, website designs, logos, taglines or typefaces;
- do or say anything, or use the Cytiva Trademarks in such a way, that implies affiliation with, sponsorship of, or endorsement, support, or approval by Cytiva of your products or services;
- accessorize, animate, or overemphasize the Cytiva Trademarks;
- in any way alter, rotate, modify, squash, stretch or otherwise distort the Cytiva Trademarks, or combine them with any other words, symbols, images, or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan;
- use the Cytiva Trademarks in any way that is contrary to these guidelines;
- use the Cytiva Trademarks in a way that disparages Cytiva.