HiScreen Capto Q is a column packed with a strong anion exchange modern resin, combining speed and capacity. Suitable for process development.
- Prepacked with Capto Q strong anion exchange chromatography resin.
- Convenient method optimization and parameter screening because of the 10cm bed height.
- These columns are easily connected in series to increase bed height to 20 cm.
- Fast results and minimal consumption of sample and buffer consumption through the small bed volume.
- BioProcess columns packed with the same chromatography resin and using the same linear fluid velocity can produce scalable, reproducible results.
Anion exchange chromatography columns
The small column volume of 4.7 mL and bed height of 10 cm make HiScreen columns excellent tools for method optimization, parameter screening, robustness testing, and convenient scale-up.Read more
Process fluid velocities can be applied, because the 10 cm bed height provides sufficient residence time. The results can then serve as a basis for linear process scale-up.
If necessary, two columns can easily be connected in series to give a bed height of 20 cm.
Capto Q resin characteristics
Cytiva's resin couples a quaternary ammonium (Q) strong anion exchanger to a chemically modified, high-flow agarose matrix. The rigid agarose matrix provides greater particle rigidity without compromising pore size, which allows for high bed volume and purification of viscous samples at high flow rates.
Capto Q resin for scale up
High dynamic binding capacity is achieved with a dextran surface extender that coats the agarose matrix. The resin’s high binding-capacity, high flow rate, and low back pressure reduce process cycle times and improve productivity at process scale.
Successful use in published research
Capto Q resin, which is packed into HiScreen columns, is used in a variety of research applications, including:
- Development of a malaria vaccine based on the polymorphic block 2 region of MSP-1
- Analysis of the proteolysis of bioactive peptides using a peptidomics approach
- Downsizing a pullulanase to a small molecule in E. coli
Other Capto Q formats
Capto Q anion exchange resin is also available as bulk resin and in other prepacked formats. Therefore, it possible to use the same resin for development work, pilot studies, and routine production.
Other Cytiva ion exchange products
Among Cytiva's solutions are a variety of ion exchange chromatography resins, including, Capto, Sepharose, and SOURCE.Read less
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us